Hugo's Amazing Tape™ is a no-glue heavy duty self-clinging tape that can be reused over and over.
It is absolutely fantastic to wrap around reels of thread (amongest many other things) to protect them from dirt and to prevent untangling, and the best thing is, it is completely re-usable.
We now stock Hugo's tape in three different widths. Choose your width and length below. The tape does not have a colour, it's clear and see through, so you can see thread colours.
1/2" (12.5mm) - Fits Machine bobbins
1" (25mm) - Fits standard thread reels (Madeira Superior, Gutermann and all the others!)
2" (50mm) - Mini Cones, larger cones (Madeira Classic 1000m, Isacord size)
• No sticky residue. Strong and durable.
• Excellent for wrapping around cones/spools of thread to keep the ends from unraveling.
• Ideal to keep quilt strips and fabric rolls organized.
• Wrap around boxes to keep them closed, books to keep pages open, wrapping paper and ribbon to prevent unwinding, and to secure objects.
Use Hugo tape for Anything!
We are a supplier of thread, first and foremost and whilst Hugos is a fantastic addition to any workroom and work box it can be used for pretty much anything. Hold cards and board game pieces together (for the gaming set), use it to hold open books, or keeping bags of food airtight, or bundling papers and envelopes together. Plus, you can also write on the tape in permanent marker!
How to use:
1. Cut to length - Measure a Piece of tape that is long enough to wrap wound your thread. As a guide we use 11cm (4.5 inches) for each new Aurifil and Madeira, reel, cop and mini cone.
2. Stretch & overlap - Tighten the tape around the thread producing a light tension.
3. Press together - Flatten all overlapping tape to each othersmoothing it together.
Care Instructions: - Ensure the tape is clean, if there is a lint buildup, simply wash with water to restore.